Monday, December 28, 2020

2020 Year End Totals

I said that my tracking for 2019 "wasn't great." My tracking for 2020 just didn't happen at all. Most of the things I finished after July didn't even get photographed, let alone get their own blog posts. I'm going to try to do better next year, but I'm not making any promises. There are a lot of things that I hope go better in 2021 and project tracking is the least of them. 

I finished some projects that I'd started in previous years...



And stitched patterns designed for being well and stitching during the pandemic...


And stitched some things I wanted to start in 2020...


There are also a lot of projects I started but didn't finish, most of it in the first half of the year. 

For someone who usually knits when she'd stressed there was a surprising lack of knitting. I finished the Finding the Yellow Brick Road Socks in March.  They're the most ambitious pair of socks I've knit in a very long time. It's the first time I'd tried that style of cable and I think the sock heel was also something new. I also finished three other pairs of plain stockinette socks in fingering weight Toes in the Sand, a pink pair in Drops Fabel, and a pair in Lion Brand Sockease Toffee)  and two in worsted weight (one with clearance Hobby Lobby yarn and one with Dollar Tree acrylic) 

I knitted the Jette Shawl, a striped garter stitch shawl, in Woolike, a fingering weight acrylic. There are no pictures of the finished shawl, so lets go with a screen capture from the yarn review video I did. 




There have been stressful years before this one. I'm hoping that 2021 will be better, but I'm not expecting things to be magically better when the clock strikes midnight on New Year's Eve. 



2 comments:

Terri in BC said...

I'm with you. I usually retreat to sewing/quilting when I feel stressed, but this year, I couldn't even get up the motivation to do that. I'm looking forward to the new year as well, but I know it won't change overnight. Thanks for continuing your blog, I do love reading about all you do.

Jill said...

Some lovely cross stitching. I love the wizard of oz pic. Do,you know the name of the pattern? Thanks, Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails