Sunday, May 22, 2016

There Are Twelve Pairs of Gorgeous Striped Socks in My Future...

Earlier this month, it hit me that we've got at least three big road trips planned for the summer and I'm down to the last of my self-striping sock yarn. There's some multicolored stuff that I've decided would work better with some kind of texture or lace, there's one skein that I'm saving for a special destination, and there's some stuff I bought years ago and have fallen out of love with. I don't want to fuss with contrasting heels and toes while we're actually on the road. 

Car knitting requires exciting yarn that I'm currently drooling over. I know...I could knit plain socks in whatever solid color I pulled from my stash, but it wouldn't make the miles fly by as quickly or make me as happy.  

So I decided to order the Drops Fabel that I've been wanting since I first saw it a few years back. Guacamole, Texmex, and Red Chili. What could be more perfect for a trip to Arizona? 


When I got to their site the yarn was marked down to $2.00 a skein. It's on  sale at NordicMart until the end of May. For the first time in my knitting life, I paid for priority shipping to be sure that I'd have this stuff in my knitting bag before our first trip. I ordered on Wednesday and the bulging priority mail box was waiting for me at the post office on Saturday.


This is my first big yarn purchase in six months, which makes it completely guilt free. I went a long time without buying yarn and when I did, it was a great deal on yarn I'm excited about. Now the question is whether or not I can stay this good!

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 4 3/4 yards
Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added year  to date: 11 yards (+2 sheets)
Net used for 2016: 6 1/4 yards

Yarn used this Week: 0  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 2750 yards
Yarn added this Week: 5376 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 5526 yards
Net added for 2016: 2776 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Jo said...

LOVE the colors!!

June said...

What a lovely box of yarn. I used to make a lot of socks, before the old arthritis stopped me. Your socks always look wonderful! Enjoy your vacations!!

Dar said...

Now inquiring minds want to know --- just how many of those 12 pairs have you finished? lol Those are sure pretty colors and I can see how easy it was to order them AND the price was unbelieveable too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails