Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Meet Jonah!


Jonah is one of the cover blocks from the newest Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks (A Whale of a Block by Debbie Taylor) sized up to 36" square. The fabrics for the half square triangles came from solid sheets. The whale and binding are estate sale scraps, and I'm not sure where the backing fabric, a blue print with lighthouses, came from. Mom gave me some of it, I think, but this print has turned up in a lot of different scrap bags over the years.




I've been collecting these magazines ever since they started putting them out because some of the blocks are just so cute I can't resist. I think this is the first time I've actually used one! After flipping through the issue, I can see a lot more blocks that I want to incorporate into the baby quilts.

For more finishes, check out  Sew Much AdoFinish it Up FridayCan I get a Whoop Whoop? , and Freedom FridaysWonderful at Home, and Inspired Friday.

10 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is so darn cute and the back is perfect for it.

Dar said...

What a cute baby quilt. Love the idea to put a cute animal on the HST.

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

How adorable! And your quilting looks great!

PaintedThread said...

Very cute! What a nice quilt.

Vera said...

What a fun design! Lovely!

River Gril Quilts said...

This is so adorable. I love it.

Shauna said...

simply too cute!!!

Kat said...

Cute! I love how simple applique on the simple piecing makes for something so special!

monique's mess said...

Love the simplicity but soooo effective

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Very cool! As I scrolled down I was pleasantly surprised to find the whale - made me smile, thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails