Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I bought a new book, Scrap Basket Surprises by Kim Brackett. I saw a preview on the author's blog earlier this year and ever since I've been waffling back and forth on whether I really needed to buy a copy or not, swinging between "I've absolutely got to have this book or I'll die!" to "Maybe if I wait long enough the library system might get a copy."

When I bought it at Joann's on Wednesday, I still hadn't made up my mind, but I had a fifty percent off coupon and I've learned my lesson the hard way. If you don't buy a book you're that intrigued by, the thing will go out of print and still be haunting you five or six years later.

In the first five days the book spent in my house, I completed all twenty five blocks for the Market Baskets pattern using mostly vintage fabric from my stash. And that wasn't even one of the patterns that I bought the book for!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails