Friday, August 10, 2007



It's Show and Tell Friday!



Believe it or not, this fella isn't a thrift store find. As far back as I can remember, he hung over the massive wooden stereo in my grandparents' living room. I never thought much about him until the family was clearing out the house after they died. Now, though, I'd love to ask Grandma what the story behind this thing is. Did she like him? Was it just that he went so well with the blood red shag carpet?

I wonder if she'd have an answer. I don't know why I snagged him from the garage sale pile and have dragged him from house to house over the past decade. He's never hung on a wall, because my husband hates him.

But he's neat.

As much time as I saw this thing over the years, I never even noticed the shadowy figures in the background until I got him home.



It hit me while I was taking the pictures for this post that I really want to make a blue and gold applique tiki quilt. With embroidered figures in the background.

I'm linking up to Woman in Real Life 

8 comments:

Carole Burant said...

That certainly is an interesting piece and it really does make you wonder what the story behind it is! Not your usual grandparent kind of picture! lol Thank you so much for suggesting I attach the story of the painting of my gran's home behind it...wonderful idea, one I hadn't even thought of!! xox

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

It is one of a kind! Don't think I've every seen anything quite like it. I love the colors, and a gold and blue applique tiki quilt would be a lovely match; if only your hubby would come to love it and you could hang it on the wall!

Anonymous said...

Isn't this a interesting piece. I, too, wonder what the story behind this one is.
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love the colours thats right...How neat!!

Rachel said...

Gosh, that is really interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Lady of the house said...

Hmmm.....on so many levels!

Cheryl said...

lol...was there a stain on the wall that that picture was covering? lol....

JoKnows said...

That's so lovely that you are hanging onto it. Your grandma clearly had a reason to, and I think you are feeling whatever attachment she felt to it too. That's sweet. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails