Sunday, April 02, 2006

I was up until 2am working on projects. It would've all worked out very well except for stupid daylight savings time which meant that 2am was really 3am, and by the time you add in waking up to feed the baby, I don't even want to think about how little sleep I'm running on.

The second Julia Hat, this one in Sock it to Me! Esprit, is done. I love the color and texture, but doesn't fit my 7 1/2 pound baby, so there's no way it's going to fit the little guy I was knitting it for. And since it didn't photograph at all well, I'm not going to waste bandwidth on a blurry reddish blob.

Half of the evil awful Walmart Mainstays yarn has finally been transformed into something kind of neat. I bought 2 skeins after someone on one of the lists recommended it, thinking I'd try a baby blanket. This stuff is so scratchy and nasty even I can't convince myself to knit with it. I would've taken it back to the store, but the receipt got thrown out so I buried it in a dark corner of my stash until the hula skirt pattern in New Knits on the Block got me thinking that it could have a use after all. Instead of following the pattern, I made it up as I went along. At the time, that seemed easier than getting out the book. Start to finish, with breaks to hold the baby, it only took about two hours.

Tonight's plan is to cast on for the pineapple baby hat.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails