Monday, August 24, 2015

Something Different


I've got so many embroidery projects on my to-do list that I decided to take a little break from the Garden Party blocks and work on something that I might be able to finish more quickly. I bought these patterns at a local quilt shop for a dollar each, with the idea that I could stitch them up and then plan a little wall quilt around them. 

Almost as soon as I got them home, I started to fuss about color choices. I knew I wouldn't be happy with the blocks if I tried to imitate real life colors. And I knew that I didn't want to do them in redwork. Finally it clicked -- these are things I mostly know from old television shows. So black and white it is!  

3 comments:

Suze said...

Adorable - black and white is perfect!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Brilliant! What a find and a fun project!

KaHolly said...

These blocks are a riot! You are absolutely right, black and white! Have fun with them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails