I've got so many embroidery projects on my to-do list that I decided to take a little break from the Garden Party blocks and work on something that I might be able to finish more quickly. I bought these patterns at a local quilt shop for a dollar each, with the idea that I could stitch them up and then plan a little wall quilt around them.
Almost as soon as I got them home, I started to fuss about color choices. I knew I wouldn't be happy with the blocks if I tried to imitate real life colors. And I knew that I didn't want to do them in redwork. Finally it clicked -- these are things I mostly know from old television shows. So black and white it is!