Wednesday, March 25, 2015

{Yarn Along} Yarn Over Cable Socks

The Lemon Drop socks are almost done and it was time to find another  stitch pattern that I could keep in my head while watching TV with the  family. 


I've learned from experience that it's best to cast on a new project while I've got time to figure it out and deal with false starts. That was a good idea with this project, because the first line of the chart has an error and I misread it in the written instructions.

I've never slipped one, knit two, then passed the slipped stitch over the two knitted ones before, so my brain saw "slip on, knit two together, pass slipped stitch over" because isn't that how it's always done?  (And because that was the symbol in the chart.)

Now that I've got it figured out, I'm loving this stitch pattern, the Yarn Over Cable from Sensational Knitted Socks.




I love haunted house stories. The Haunting of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie has some seriously creepy moments and does a great job of handling the whole issue of "if there's enough going on in the house to make the book scary, why on are they still living there?" It's based on a YouTube channel that I'd never heard of until I picked up the book. After I was done reading, I watched season one while I was casting on the new socks. It was fun and I hope I'll have time for another season soon -- and I'll be watching  for the next book.

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times.


Disclosure - The publishers provided me with a review copy. 

3 comments:

straythreads said...

love those socks! and the stitch pattern thanks for the link to the book

Dar said...

Pretty socks and stitch pattern.

Judy S. said...

Love that blue yarn!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails