Wednesday, March 11, 2015

{Yarn Along} The Witch of Napoli


Same picture as last week. I've made some progress between bouts of coughing. And read a stack of books, most of them not worth writing about, except for this one.




Ever since I  read The Ghost of Blackwood Hall as a little girl, I've been intrigued by spiritualism and seances. The Witch of Napoli was inspired by a real-life medium from the 19th century and it's a fascinating read. There are levitating tables and ghostly apparitions and bells rung by no human hand...but it's the life that Alessandra finds herself trapped in that really fascinated me. I highly recommend this one, especially since the Kindle download is only ninety-nine cents. It packs a lot of bang for your buck.

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times.


Disclosure - The publishers provided me with a review copy. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails