Wednesday, March 04, 2015

{Yarn Along} Just a Little Bit of Texture

The sock knitting continues. I wanted something just a bit more interesting than my plain stockinette socks, something that I could still keep track of while spending time with the family.



Double Garter Rib is just what I needed. The first round is k2, p2, then the second round is knit. The look is a little bland, but it keeps my fingers happy and this yarn is pretty enough on its own.



After a blind date ends in public embarrassment, an acquaintance from her school days come to Jo's rescue. Claudio hadn't interested her at all when they were teens, but now she thinks she might feel differently about him. After a few dates, she realizes that there's still no chemistry and makes the decision to tactfully let him know.... then she wakes up chained to her bed, his prisoner. He's planned it all out carefully, making sure that no one will miss her for more than a week. If Jo isn't in love with him by then, he will kill her.

The Venus Trap kept me turning pages. As Claudio forces  Jo to read him diary entries she wrote as a teenager, the story of her life unfolds. Jo is a likable heroine in an awful situation, determined to free herself before Claudio's deadline.

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times.


Disclosure - The publishers provided me with a review copy. 

3 comments:

Dresden Quilter said...

I am using the same yarn right now to make socks. I am doing a cable along the side. I love the pattern you are using.

Lilly's Mom said...

I love your socks! Thanks for sharing the pattern stitch.

Donna said...

Lovely socks; that yarn is great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails