Monday, March 02, 2015

Still Not Enough Nail Polish Bottles

When I first started quilting, nine blocks for a little wall quilt seemed like a lot. I never ever added more blocks, or made the pieces smaller. Since then, I've obviously lost my mind. 


The original pattern for this quilt calls for one block. The one I'm following calls for six blocks, made from smaller pieces. So far, I've got forty-six and now I'm aiming for sixty-three. I'm not sure I'd stop there, but by the time I add sashing, it'll be about as big as I can quilt on my Janome.

That's the only thing stopping me  from going even bigger with this one.

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

8 comments:

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

That is such a cute pattern. My daughter would love it! Thanks for linking the pattern.

sue said...

Such a fun quilt, I can't stop grinning at it!

Kaja said...

This post made me smile. Like you my pieces keep getting smaller and my quilts bigger. It's a disease.

Ruth said...

That is very cute and even cuter for the amount of bottles. I love that you might not even stop at the 63!

Bonnie said...

Great pattern. And, wow you have a lot of pinks and reds. With a wild blue thrown in for good luck! Cute.

Nann said...

What a neat pattern!

Dar said...

Don't let the idea that you can only quilt a certain size on your Janome. I have quilted several queen and 1 king on my Bernina 1130. You only have to do it 1 block at a time and there is definitely room for that! It is so cute. I can see it on your daughter's bed!!

Anonymous said...

So adorable. It's one of those designs that are so simple and fun and just makes you smile whenever you look at it. I may need to make a "few" of these blocks myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails