Since I started work on my quilt with all of the vintage embroidery, I've been looking for the Aunt Martha's mermaids. I remembered buying them years ago, but that copy was hiding so well that I gave up ever finding it and have been checking every Walmart in the area for the past few months.
Friday, I went up to the sewing room to grab a different pattern that I knew was in the box I used to use for my cross-stitching. At some point over the past eight years, though, I must have moved it. But the mermaids were there, along with the other transfers I bought that day. (Do I need to mention that I'd already checked that box for the mermaids and come up empty?)
I also found this chart, which I thought for an instant was the Goblin Market chart I mentioned in this post. It's not...but it is all kitted up with hand dyed linen and all of the floss.
I also found this chart, which has me wondering what on earth I was thinking. It's designed to be worked on 40 count silk gauze...and the gauze is in the package, so that's obviously what I had planned -- Yikes! The finished piece would measure something like 2" x 1 1/2." It's going right back in the sewing box, but part of me wants to tackle it now just to see if I can pull something like this off.
Weekly Stash Report
Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 2 1/2 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 36 yards
Net Added for 2015: 33 1/2 yards
Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2000 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 665 yards
Net Used for 2015: 1335 yards
This post is linked to Patchwork Times.