Sunday, March 22, 2015

Found 'em!

Since I started work on my quilt with all of the vintage embroidery, I've been looking for the Aunt Martha's mermaids. I remembered buying them years ago, but that copy was hiding so well that I gave up ever finding it and have been checking every Walmart in the area for the past few months. 

Friday, I went up to the sewing room to grab a different pattern that I knew was in the box I used to use for my cross-stitching. At some point over the past eight years, though, I must have moved it. But the mermaids were there, along with the other transfers I bought that day.  (Do I need  to mention that I'd already checked that box for the mermaids and come up empty?)

I also found this chart, which I thought for an instant was the Goblin Market  chart I mentioned in this post. It's not...but it is all kitted up with hand dyed linen and all of the floss. 



I also found this chart, which has me wondering what on earth I was thinking. It's designed to be worked on 40 count silk gauze...and the gauze is in the package, so that's obviously what I had planned -- Yikes!  The finished piece would measure something like 2" x 1 1/2." It's going right back in the sewing box, but part of me wants to tackle it now just to see if I can pull something like this off.


Weekly Stash Report 

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 2 1/2 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 36 yards
Net Added for 2015: 33 1/2 yards

Yarn Used this Week:  0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2000 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 665 yards
Net Used for 2015:  1335 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Amanda Best said...

So glad you found your mermaids!!!
I bought mine a few weeks ago and can't wait to get started. I have loved seeing your progress on your embroidered quilt I have many of those same Aunt Martha's transfers and I just delight in them. I will be looking forward to your progress

Jennifer said...

Wow! That is really tiny stitching! I have gotten back into stitching this year and am loving it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails