Saturday, October 25, 2014

New Vintage Lace - Knits Inspired by the Past

I didn't squeal when I picked up New Vintage Lace: Knits Inspired By the Past at the library, but that's only because I saw the title on the spine, tucked it into my book bag, and didn't take a good look at the book until we got home. Then I squealed a bit. 


I love knitting shawls and finding patterns that are different from what I've seen before always makes me happy, especially when I can use yarn that's already in my stash.


These shawls are based on old doilies and there's a section in the back giving advice on how to convert patterns from your own collection into shawls.


I own plenty of books of shawl patterns, but this is one I want to add to my collection.


1 comment:

Carol Swift said...

Those are beautiful shawls! I wish I could knit when I see things this amazing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails