Thursday, October 16, 2014

A Walk Though the Cemetery

A few weeks ago, Teenage Daughter and I were in town alone with some time to kill. So we went for a walk. The last time we tried to take pictures in the Pioneer Cemetery it was close to a hundred degrees and just miserable. This time, we had the perfect weather.


I love the detail on some of the old stones.




Is this one a stork?


Many of the stones are tipped over or broken. A local organization maintains and repairs the fallen markers, but some are completely gone.


This open book must've had a name or dates at one point.


Teenage Daughter found Maude and Claude. We wondered if they were husband and wife...and Google confirmed it for us. Isn't the internet neat?


And this one just sums the place up perfectly.


2 comments:

Sheila said...

I really enjoy exploring old cemeteries , it is fascinating to see the old stones and try to imagine the life they lived . Thanks for sharing .

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I am glad to see that I am not the only one that loves to visit cemeteries. I find them peaceful...The last photo really says it all...

I wish you peace today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails