The more I play around with these old embroidery patterns, the more excited about this project I get. This quilt that I found on HenHouse combines vintage embroidery and piecing.
The pattern for this little bird with the scissors was a hot iron transfer I found in in Mom's stash of tole painting patterns. It had already been cut from the rest of the sheet, so I don't have any clues as far as the original source.
I've got to admit that I'm feeling guilty about cutting the old sheets apart. They've remained intact for so long....should I just trace them and leave them undamaged for whoever owns them next? Cut them apart and keep the images together in envelopes? Or just have fun with what I've got and stop over-thinking the whole thing? I think that last plan gets my vote - ironing is SO much easier than tracing!
Weekly Stash Report
My son and I went to the thrift shop to look for roller skates. There were none to be had in his size, but I found four pristine skeins of LYS quality yarn at really good prices. Three of them would have been perfect for baby hats, but I'm not knitting any of those right now. The fourth would have been perfect for mittens or something for the boys, but it was such a dark color it wouldn't show off cables.... I carried them around for a few minutes, then put them back in their place. I've got positive numbers this year, for yarn at least, and I'm not quite ready to give that up for baby hat yarn.
Fabric Used this Week: 1/4 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 5 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 40 1/2 yards
Net Added for 2014: 35 1/2 yards
Yarn Used this Week: 400 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2975 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 1500 yards
Net Used for 2014: 1475 yards
I'm linking up to Patchwork Times.