Saturday, June 21, 2014

Summer Rainbow Socks

These aren't mine. They were going to be mine, but Teenage Daughter asked if I was ever going to wear them and pointed out that she needs a pair of long socks to wear with her boots. She's less likely to lose them than I am, so I handed them over. I've got plenty of pairs of handknit socks, which I don't wear half as often as I should, and she likes them more than I do. 


This is the yarn that had the weak spots. Several readers suggested that I complain to the company. If it was new yarn, I definitely would, but I really don't know where this stuff has been. I bought it at an estate sale and it's been sitting in my own stash for several years. I don't know what was wrong with it, just that judging by the damage it wasn't a little boy with scissors or a mouse.  There was more than enough undamaged yarn in the skein for a pair of socks with long cuffs, so I'm content.

For more finishes, check out  Sew Much AdoFinish it Up FridayCan I get a Whoop Whoop? , and Freedom FridaysWonderful at Home, and Inspired Friday.

2 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

They are so cute! I admire those who can knit. =) Maybe someday I will learn. =)

Dar said...

That yarn knitted up so nicely. Your daughter is one smart girl for wanting them. Lucky she has a mom that knows how to knit socks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails