I finished the top for this one back in January. The pattern, Dancing Nines, is one of Bonnie Hunter's and this was a test run to see if I wanted to make a bigger one for myself. I do -- it was a fun little project!
I love quilts that can use every print in the scrap bag and this is definitely one of those! I used 2 1/2" squares because that's what I cut for the baby quilts, but I think I'll use the smaller size if I ever find time to make one for myself.
One of the reasons that this one sat so long was that I wanted to try something different with the quilting -- spiraling squares inside the nine patch blocks and meandering in the white border pieces. I thought it would take a lot longer to do, but it quilted up quickly once I actually sat down and got to work on it.