Thursday, June 19, 2014

Meet Bianca!

I've been wanting to try the Star Dresden Tutorial from Snips Snippets. I thought I remembered how it was done, so instead of going back and re-reading the directions, I pulled out one of my specialty rulers and cut the wedges....which is why my Dresden doesn't have the star center that drew me to the project in the first place.


Now that I remember what I meant to do, I want to make another one the right way. I just need to find another combination of fabrics that work as well as this one did.


The background and backing are both from the same vintage sheet. I didn't realize how much I liked that print until I had it quilted and bound.

This post is linked to Needle & Thread Thursday.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, love this Dresden star. I checked the tutorial and it is very clear and easy to follow. It will make a lovely quilt/block

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

This is beautiful! It looks fantastic against that background fabric.

Thank you so much for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

This is beautiful! It looks fantastic against that background fabric.

Thank you so much for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails