Sunday, June 29, 2014

Did I mention that I love embroidery?

I stitched two more designs for the Garden Party Quilt this week. Both are from the same tranfer sheet as last week's spinning wheel. From the size of the paper and the staple holes, I'm guessing they came from a magazine. 



This brings me up to five stitched designs. In my imagination, the quilt is made of lots of different size blocks, using coping strips and sashing to make everything fit together. 



Weekly Stash Report

I picked up 2 1/2 yards of muslin this week to use for the embroidery blocks. I want them to be deliberately mismatched and I didn't have any unbleached muslin in my stash.

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 11 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 2 1/2 yards
Added Year to Date: 43 yards
Net Added for 2014: 31 1/4 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2975 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 1500 yards
Net Used for 2014: 1475 yards

I'm linking up to Patchwork Times and Slow Sunday Stitching

8 comments:

quilterchick said...

The quilt is going to be beautiful! Great job!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love embroidery too... so relaxing. Great blocks you finished! Thanks for linking up to Slow Stitching!

scraphappy said...

What a fun quilt it will be with lots of different blocks all living happily together. Enjoy!

CathieJ said...

I love your embroidery. I have some that I inherited. Some are finished, some are not. I will get to working on them sometime.

Nita said...

It will be a very sweet quilt :) I am having fun popping into everyone's posts from Slow Sunday Stitching :) lovely to meet you!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I agree so sweet!! Thanks for sharing with us under the Embroidery Tuesday Archives theme!

Marcy said...

Lovely stitching.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Adorable! I'm thinking about turning a lot of cross stitch UFOs into quilted objects vs. framing them too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails