Wednesday, June 26, 2013

the rows are getting longer

With top-down triangular shawls, you start with a few stitches and increase on every row. The first few rows absolutely speed by, then they start to take a little longer...and longer...and longer...


That's the point I'm at with the Rose Ribbons Shawl. According to the pattern, I'm done except for the edging. But I've got another skein and a half of yarn, and room on my needles, so I plan on knitting another set of repeats to make it larger.

No new book to share with you today, since I just finished the Yesterday's Mysteries for the blog hop post on Tuesday.  For more fun knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times and Work in Progress Wednesdays at Tami's Amis.

 

7 comments:

KaHolly said...

It's lovely. I have a shawl under construction in TX and I found the same thing. I was supposed to be finished, but had another skein left over. I'm going to just keep knitting!

no spring chicken said...

Just stay in the moment... and enjoy. It's looking fabulous.

Blessings, Debbie

katiemetzroth said...

That's really pretty! Do you know how it will block out. Don't want it too big! (she says from experience.) :-)

Mlissabeth said...

The designs from knitting are all so beautiful. You are talented!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Michelle. I do just like gray a lot and that pattern is very pretty. I'm thinking I want to read the mystery books you reviewed in the last post.
best, nadia

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

I know that shawl feeling - but it'll be worth it when you haev something bigger and even more lovely. One stitch at a time...

Judy S. said...

I can relate! Had the similar experience with my baby blanket only am now on the decrease part. Yay!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails