Sunday, June 09, 2013

new-to-me fabric

This would be easier to explain if I had more time to lay it all out and take better pictures. But you'll forgive me if I spend the time that I do have sorting it and cutting it up for baby quilts instead of posing it for pictures, right?
 
 
There was an ad on Craigslist. Actually two ads on Craiglist, but one was for a sale last weekend that I couldn't make it up to.  A lady was selling off the contents of her craft room "cheap." 
 
After running into too many sellers who are trying to recoup what they spent on fabric and yarn a decade earlier, I'm a bit wary of that word.  I know people have a lot invested in their fabric stashes, but if I'm going to buy fabric out of  someone's garage, I think it should be cheaper than I can get it off the sale rack at the store it originally came from.
 
When this gal said cheap, she meant it!  I sorted through three huge tubs of fabric and came up with this pile. It's all cotton, all large pieces, all in my taste, except the frogs and bookworms and those are for baby quilts.
 
Mom made it to the other sale and between the two of us, we added 110 yards to my stash, most of it in those vintage small scale prints that I love so much. The fabric fumes are making me giddy...


Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 1 3/4 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 40 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 110 yards
Added Year to Date: 197 1/4 yards
Net Added for 2013: 156 1/2 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 1550 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 7100 yards
Net Added for 2013: 5550 yards

To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times. And to see more  fabric, visit Sunday Stash at Finding Fifth.

8 comments:

krisgray said...

What a fun - 110 yards to sort through and plan projects!! Enjoy!

DeeDee said...

Lucky you! I never can find good deals on Craig's List or at Thrift shops for fabric.

Catrin Lewis said...

Well done you! I know what you mean about "cheap" I still don't understand why someone would think I'd want to spend the same amount for 'new to me' as I'd have to pay in my lqs!

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

What a score!!

Jo said...

WOW...You did good!!

Molli Sparkles said...

Off to Craigslist I go!

Finding Fifth said...

110 yards! That is amazing.

Finding Fifth said...

Oh I forgot to say that that 1m of fabric is on its way to you in the post. Look forward to seeing it added to your 110 yards in a future Sunday Stash. hehehe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails