Sunday, June 02, 2013

my overflowing design wall

Some weeks, I have a hard time finding something to use for my design wall post that I haven't already shown you. This week, I don't have that problem. Take a look at what I've done over the past two days --
 
 
I had so much fun with the pink prints and tea-dyed muslin combination I used for Sadie that I decided to make a scrappy blue version of Laura.
 

I've been playing with the idea of a two-color version of Priscilla (or is that three-color, counting the background?) , wondering how I'd get the checkerboard effect I wanted. Turns out that it was easy.
 
 

 These shirting pieces came in one of the thrift store scrap bags. Some quilter put in a lot of time and effort cutting them and piecing them into rows before getting rid of them. It hardly took me any time at all to assemble them into a cute little top.
 

Have I mentioned that I'm glad to be home and have time to sew again? To see more design walls, hop over to Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

straythreads said...

great quilts Looks like you are never bored

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails