Friday, June 14, 2013

Let's Make Baby Quilts! {week 24}

I've got a new tutorial for you this week, Carrie

 
Checkerboard baby quilts go together quickly, especially if you've got width of fabric strips to start with, and using eight different prints that are all the same color means you don't have to fuss much about color placement.

Looking for more free baby quilt patterns? You can find all of the Let's Make Baby Quilts tutorials over in the side bar, and more ideas for baby quilts on my baby quilt tutorials board over at Pinterest.

Have you seen Cheryl Lynch's collaborative baby quilt? She prepared fusible fish parts (bodies, fins, lips, eyes) and had each at the baby shower create a block that will go into the finished quilt. I absolutely love the idea.
 
 
Let's Make Baby Quilts Linky Party Rules:

Link directly to your post or specific Flickr photo. Your post can be about a baby quilt that's finished, or in progress, or you can be writing about what you have planned, but it's got to be about baby quilts. While we're still gathering steam, you're welcome to link to baby quilt posts that aren't brand new, but please don't submit the same post or picture more than once. I'd love it if you linked back to my site, either with a text link or the Let's Make Baby Quilts! button.






3 comments:

Paula said...

Thanks for the tutorials and links! I have a new (my first) grandbaby (girl) due in about 5 weeks so I'll be making a 'few' things for her. (In fact, I've already bought the fabric for the next one).

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I love your yellow chequerboard. I've only made one baby quilt, which doesn't have its own post but if I make another one soon I'll come and link with you :)

Keera Job - live.love.sew pattern co. said...

Oh Michelle, I love the checkerboard quilt. So bright and happy {am a huge fan of yellow in all shades!}. Thank you also for the great linky party ideas and for stopping by my little space and leaving such lovely comments. You made my day!
Keera

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails