Monday, June 24, 2013

it's kind of a puzzle

I'm playing with someone else's abandoned project. There are too many blocks here to call them orphans, so I guess that makes it a UFO? 

Like the strips I used to make Billie, these are a mystery.  I don't know who made them, or what the pattern or plan was.  At first glance, I thought they were Jacob's Ladder blocks, but they're something else.

 
I like that secondary star where the corners come together.
 
And then I've got these little pieced blocks. They aren't part of the larger block....maybe they were intended as a pieced border? Or, for all I know, they could be part of a different quilt. They were in the same plastic bag, so I'm guessing they went together.


There's probably enough here for a throw, but I'm making baby quilts. So I'm thinking of using 36 of the larger blocks for one quilt, then the leftovers and border pieces for a second one. At this point, I'm still open to suggestions.

To see more design walls, head over to Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

That's a lovely little quilt! Love those colors...so relaxing!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Cute! Those blocks look great all put together!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

HelenMarie said...

The pattern looks like Florabunda... one of Bonnie Hunters free patterns on her blog.

Cathy said...

I recognize those!! They were abandoned projects that I started. The big blocks were for a baby quilt, and I think you have them put together they way the pattern said. I lost interest in it, since I didn't like the lack of contrast in it. It seemed to light and blah for me. The small ones were the beginnings of a quilt composed of nothing but half square triangles. The blocks would have gotten bigger and darker as as more half square triangles were added. I ran out of steam for making all those triangles, and couldn't seem to want to come up with anything else for them. I'm glad you are using them, and giving them new life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails