Sunday, June 16, 2013

I should've made this quilt already

As much as I refuse to believe that fabric should have expiration dates or that quilters should aim to turn over their stashes every so often, I think I might've blown it with this one.

 
We were on a blog hop -- let's guess it was five years ago, but it was probably a bit longer -- and my oldest son fell in love with this fabric. The budget for full price quilt shop fabric only stretched to 2/3 of a yard, and later I bought some less expensive solids that I thought I could use for the rest of the quilt. There was a vague plan, but it was always too complicated for me to plunge into.
 
I'm not sure my thirteen year old would still be as excited about an otter quilt that he requested when he was seven or eight....but I still feel like I should make it for him.   Would it be sneaky to drape the fabric over the rocking chair and see if he still remembers it?

As for the new and revised plan for this fabric, I was thinking of doing something like Sidelights...then I thought about doing a narrow inner border with the brown solid and a piano key border with the blue and green solids...and then I took a look at the Mountainpeek Creations website so I could link to Sidelights and saw all of their other Just Can't Cut It patterns....
 
I'm open to suggestions! What would you do with it?
 
Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 4 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 44 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 197 1/4 yards
Net Added for 2013: 152 1/2 yards


Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 1550 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 7100 yards
Net Added for 2013: 5550 yards

I'm linking up to the Weekly Stash report at Patchwork Times and Sunday Stash at Finding Fifth.

5 comments:

KatieQ said...

I visited the Sidelights site and took at look at their patterns. How about their "Flight North" pattern. The flying geese border would be nice around the otters.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

That site is new to me... I struggle with panels so that's a great source of inspiration. Wish I could help you!

Dar said...

I light Sidelights and the Center Stage layouts. Something quick and simple would be my suggestion.

Allison said...

that is a fun panel print - I have a WIP with a similar story. Every now and then my son asks if I've finished his penguin quilt yet

Finding Fifth said...

I feel the same way about the Dr Seuss quilts for my two boys. I am still sewing blocks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails