Sunday, June 23, 2013

Everything but quilting...

It was a busy week!

I sliced up twenty pounds of fresh berries for the freezer and made a batch of strawberry jam.  

I made gravy  from scratch for the first time in my life, six months after confessing that  I didn't know how and asking my readers for suggestions. There's no blog post about the gravy, because I was in a hurry to get dinner on the table and didn't take pictures. It wouldn't have won any prizes, but it was real, honest-to-gosh gravy and not terrible. I'll be making my own gravy again as soon as the opportunity arises.

I pulled out the Rose Ribbons Shawl and figured out which row I was on when I abandoned it to play with pooling sock yarn. I'd forgotten how excited I was about this project, and now I'm working on it every time I get the chance.

I helped hubby capture another swarm of bees -- our own, so it's not as good a thing as it would otherwise be...

That's in addition to all of the regular, boring stuff like settling an argument about whether or not anteaters have teeth. (They don't.)  Now can I do some quilting? Please?

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 44 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 1 yards
Added Year to Date: 198 1/4 yards
Net Added for 2013: 153 1/2 yards


Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 1550 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 7900 yards
Net Added for 2013: 6350 yards

To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Did not know that about anteaters. Sounds like a busy week for you...hope you can quilt soon!

Mary-Kay said...

I learned something new today about anteaters. Can't say it would ever come up in a conversation though.

Kate said...

What a busy week. Hope you get some time to stitch this next one.

Charlene S said...

Some times life gets in the way of piecing. You have to steal 20 minutes a day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails