Monday, June 10, 2013

another batch of bowties

I spent a chunk of yesterday afternoon sorting through the new-to-me fabric and some scraps I already had, cutting pieces for my ambitious scrap quilts. A  1 1/2" strip for Little Trips, the hearts, and the Lego quilt...a 2 1/2" strip for whatever, and a 2" strip for the bowties and whatever...
 

If my last count was correct, I only need about a hundred and fifty more bowties. Then it's time to assemble them and start fussing with the idea of a border. I wish I'd known I was going to have a border from day one, but I was bound and determined that this was going to be a borderless quilt until I saw Bonnie's and fell in love with her scrappy pieced border. It would be nice to have the same fabrics I used for the bowties in that border. But if I don't, who will ever notice?

To see more design walls, hop over to Patchwork Times. And come check tomorrow for the new baby quilt tutorial.

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love the yellow! Those look awesome.

Regina said...

How many are you aiming for again? I made 27 last night - but mine are 2.5"...I am up to 112 of 365. Our guild did a Jelly Roll Race the other night and as I gave the instructions, the first step was "cut off 8 inches on the first strip - and give it to me for my bow ties"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails