Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I found it!

But as anxious as I was to find my camera cord, it wasn't enough to make up for the horrible morning I had.

At least I get to show off my pretty stack of folded shirt backs. I'm in love with this stack of fabric.

One of my big problems with shirts for quilting is that if one gets into the regular laundry I sometimes can't tell if it's one of mine, or a shirt my husband bought and only wore once or twice. Plaid shirts all kind of look alike.

In an effort to really truly keep things straight, I washed all of my new shirts and cut the backs off. Now there's no question that these are meant for quilts! I also cut off all of the buttons so I won't have to worry about separating them from the scraps later. Not sure why I bother, since my boys always seem to make off with them, but maybe I'll get this batch out to the sewing room first.

I thought I had lots of plans for these until I got a better look at the neutrals and realized how much I like them. That's when I froze and got scared to actually CUT them and make some decisions.

But now I think I've narrowed it down to Star Stuck, Smokey Mountain Stars, or Random Ohio Stars.


Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

I think, figuring just the backs, that is about 35 yards of fabric. I look forward to seeing how you utilize it, rather than your storage facilities :)

Helen in the UK said...

As you have lots of neutrals, I'd go for Smokey Mountain Stars of the Random Ohio Stars first. I have 'designs' on doing both of these in recycled shirts too one day :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails