Sunday, April 26, 2009

A new mystery

Stashbusters started a new mystery quilt this weekend -- Big Busted! The pattern itself is hilarious, so even though I have no clue what the finished quilt is going to look like (guess that's the point of a mystery, huh?) I scrambled around to find enough lights and darks that I could cut 44" strips from.

I got the strips sewn together for the first clue, then dug out the nine patch blocks that have been sitting waiting for me to cut them up and make them disappear.

Some of the blocks got twisted, but the pinwheel effect was so subtle I'm not going to worry about it. This little quilt turned out so cheerful and girly. I've got some ideas about how to machine quilt it if I can get the tension to cooperate.

The last light blocks for Weed Whacker are cut and I've got enough 2 1/2" squares to start piecing Simple Pleasures. And I've finished a couple more blocks for the Bento Box.

I'm feeling very productive today!

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails