Saturday, February 23, 2008

This unexpectedly productive streak seems to be picking up speed!

I'm ready to turn the heel of Quinn's second sock. They're just basic toe up toddler socks, but I'm using the new Harmony needles I got for Christmas and self-striping yarn and having a lot of fun with them.

Thursday night I cast on for a Half Circle Chapel Veil. I don't know why I think I need this, because as romantic as a veil sounds, I don't belong to one of the religions that wears head-coverings and I suppose it would look odd to wear one just because it's so pretty. The pattern says it can be a shawl, so that justifies it. Not that I wouldn't knit a pretty something I have no use for -- but it's nice to have a reason.

I'm using Knitpicks Palette and loving the way it works up on size 10 1/2 needles, plotting another shawl with the leftovers from my Mystery Stole. At that gauge, there might be enough yarn for something pretty.

I also did some more work on the basket quilt.



That's two afternoons of sewing and cutting and I'm pleasantly suprised to realize that I can do borders after all and they're not the big scary deal I expected them to be. I've still got about fifty flowers to applique in the baskets and along the white border, but this is looking awfully close to a quilt top.

All of the fabric is from my stash, and I've already got the fabric and pattern picked out for the next quilt top, one with pieced blocks and appliqued kittens.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails