Sunday, February 10, 2008

I need to find more boxes

My freshly arranged sock yarn got me so excited I decided to find some regular boxes and put my cheap acrylic on end the same way. That was after I convinced myself that it was a bad idea to take the fabric out of the bookcase and put the yarn there.

Five boxes later, I've got most of the nice acrylic organized and I'm convinced that this is good system. The matching skeins are all right next to each other and (if I can remember which box is where and what yarn is in it) I can get at them easily.

Now what do I do with the yarn that's not going to sit nicely on end in boxes? I suppose I break out the ZipLock Big Bags and sort it into groups, then decide where to go from there. Some of it -- like the million partial skeins of dishcloth cotton and weird thrift store and auction stuff -- is never going to be perfectly organized.

But I'm getting there. Maybe tomorrow I can find more boxes and figure out how to neatly wedge yarn into them.

I've been drooling over the new patterns at Drops Design, especially these socks. I want them. Enough that I went googling to try to find some Eskimo, which apparently costs more than the price listed on the pattern. I can't quite imagine super bulky lace socks, but that doesn't stop me from wanting a pair.

The DROPS socks in Domino Diamonds are breathtaking, but I don't think I've got the skills or patience to pull them off.

And this bag had me all set to cast on until I looked a second time and realized that it was crochet. I don't see why I can't miter myself some squares and make a knit one.

I'm also intrigued by this and this. My dial up connection won't load the whole page, so I'm sure I'm missing some other pretty projects that I'd be drooling over.

Eight more rows to go on the Mystery Stole. I think I'm in one of those knitting time warps where you knit for hours and wind up in exactly the same place you started.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Good luck with your organizing! Isn't it rather fun? It's almost like going yarn shopping all over again, hee hee!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails