Monday, September 24, 2007

Quilting has taught me valuable skills!

Last night, Bill said it would save him a whole bunch of time if I cut the shingles for the top edge of the roof. After he's spent the past I don't know how many days up on the roof from the time he got out of bed until it got to dark to work, I wasn't going to complain that I didn't want to do it.

But I sure wasn't looking forward to the job. At the very least, I was afraid it'd be hard on my hands, which are already twinging a bit lately. I was very good last night and put down the Cobblestone Pullover at the first little ache.

Turns out, cutting shingles into thirds is an awful lot like cutting quilt squares. Except the shingles are already slit halfway, so there's no measuring. And the cuts don't have to be anywhere near as straight to be good enough. And I think it's faster, maybe because you don't have to iron anything first...

3 comments:

Alison said...

I'm laughing at that unexpected punchline!

Alison said...

Oh. Yeah. Sorry, that was me.

--AlisonH at spindyeknit.com

Delana said...

Talk about looking on the bright side! LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails