Friday, September 14, 2007

I've been destroying perfectly good batik.

After that cute little paper pieced tree, I went on a hunt for more patterns. Didn't find the birdhouses I was looking for, which are in a magazine that's gone missing along with most of the other quilting magazines I'd collected before we moved here, but I did find some really nifty ones in a back issue of Miniature Quilts.

And yesterday, I picked up a couple of magazines at the library and found three more quilts I can't live without, two of them paper pieced.

So it seemed like a good time to actually do some more paper piecing. I'm glad the first attempt went so well, because if it was anything like yesterday, there wouldn't have been a second try.



I'm having problems here. But I'm going to keep muddling through, because maybe by the time I'm done I'll have figured out how to make this work.



Mom called a week or so ago to ask if I wanted the wooden scissors holder she'd painted years ago for my Grandma Marr. It was, she warned me, really ugly. I remembered how she used to have a wooden holder for her good fabric scissors hanging behind her sewing machine, thought how useful it would be to have one of my own, and asked if she'd mind if I decoupaged it or something.

We need to revise our definition of "ugly." The hot pink scissors are ugly. The green wooden scissors holder that blends so nicely into my dining room wallpaper is not.

6 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Hi Michelle:-) Thank you so much for visiting me! I haven't written to any more celebrities since last year but one day I'll get in the mood again! lol Your scissor holder is gorgeous, I don't find it ugly at all!! xo

Susan said...

Amazing how well it matches the wallpaper.
Susan

ellen b. said...

Nice work!
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

You have some unique S&Ts! I like the fabric of the scissors holder.

Katherine

Kelli said...

I don't think it's ugly at all! What a great way to hold scissors!
Kelli

Rachel said...

I agree, that scissor hold is really pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails