Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm in love with the Hemlock Ring Blanket

Friday night, more out of a sense of "you bought the yarn so now you're committed" than real desire, I cast on for the Hemlock Ring Blanket. Except for a rocky moment when I read the instructions for the fourteenth round and almost gave up then and there, this thing has been so much fun I can barely stand it!

HPIM1377


I never, ever, thought I'd want to knit a wool blanket, but reading the post about it at Brooklyn Tweed convinced me that not only did I have to knit a Hemlock Ring for myself, I had to knit it in yarn I could actually block.

The wonders never cease...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I know what you mean! I've not cast on that blanket yet, but I've joined the Yahoo group KAL, and seeing everyone's beautiful pictures is just killing me! I think I'll knit mine out of cotton, though, since I can't wear wool close to my skin.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails