Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Cheap acrylic!

I think I might've mentioned that cheap acrylic makes my heart go pitty-pat. I've developed some standards (at least when it comes to overpriced estate sale stuff), but Simply Soft for two bucks a skein? I've been dancing around the house with anticipation since I saw the Michaels flyer Sunday. And wishing there was one just a bit closer to home.

The new Michaels, which is even farther from home and less convenient than the one they closed down, but does have a lot more yarn, is next to the new Lowes...Bill's using a week of vacation to reroof the house...

So he sat in the van with the kids while I did some quick stash enhancement and then the whole family shopped for shingles and nails and roofing felt and I don't know what all else.

I got a bunch of the Simply Soft and some Bernat Satin Sport, which I hadn't seen before, and some wool to make myself cabled mittens. I'm sooo in the mood to knit sweaters right now, as soon as I finish the Hemlock Ring.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hee hee, I love Simply Soft, too. I was thrilled when my Wal-mart started carrying Simply Soft Tweed, and it's GORGEOUS! Can't wait to buy some (who cares what it's for. It's the buying part that's fun, lol!)

Norm Deplume said...

The Hemlock Ring is what makes my heart go pitty pat. I cannot wait to see yours.

And I love the cheap of acrylic yarn, but I've got a decent local charity shop that keeps me in inexpensive natural fibers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails