Thursday, August 16, 2007

We had playgroup in the woods on Monday and I took Picovoli since I always seem to wind up sitting somewhere away from the other moms so I can watch my littlest guys. They sat on the sandbar in the middle of the little stream, throwing rocks into the puddles of water and I was stretched out on a quilt in a patch of shade.

Then one of the older boys startled a snake, which raced across the quite and right under my knitting bag. I suppose I should be glad it didn't go into the bag, which was lying on its side.

What's a knitter supposed to do if a snake crawls in with her knitting? Has it ever happened?

My wonderful daughter caught the itty bitty snake and let it go on the other side of the stream. And I got Picovoli finished this morning, but can't wear it until it has a bath to get rid of the smoky smell that it picked up while I was knitting by the campfire.

And I've got almost all of my yarn stash entered into Ravelry -- yippee!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm so jealous that you're already in Ravelry! I've got about 9,000 people in front of me, unfortunately. I was really hoping to get in quickly, so I could organize my stash for Christmas knitting. Oh well.

Glad your snake didn't like knitting spots to hide! Can't wait to see what you finished, though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails