Wednesday, July 22, 2026

 No Roast for the Weary by Cleo Coyle 

I jumped into Cleo Coyle's Coffeehouse Mysteries with the twenty-first book, which actually worked out just fine. Obviously there's a whole lot of backstory between the characters that I've missed out on, but there was just enough explanation to catch me up so I could understand what was going on. In an effort to boost foot traffic at the formerly bustling coffehouse, Clare and her staff decide to offer services that will appeal to writers and other creative types. An old sign up in the attic reveals that, decades earlier, the coffeehouse was home to the Writer's Block Lounge. It's all going great until the tragedy that ended the original writer's lounge rears its ugly head again. Years may have passed, but not everyone has forgotten. Towards the middle of the book, I felt like the plot was dragging a bit, but overall I enjoyed the read. 


Disclosure -- The publisher provided me with an advance review copy. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails