Saturday, April 10, 2010

Last night and this morning, I caught up on the baby quilts. Except for the yellow strings blocks, and a couple that have been lost up in the sewing room for so long they don't count as part of this project, I've got all of the little ones quilted and bound.

The cat quilt started as an orphan block from one of Grandma's scrap bags. If you look very closely, you can tell that the borders and background aren't the same blue fabric, but even up close it's hard to tell.

This is also the first time I've tried quilting around the applique instead of meandering over the top -- it really does puff up!

This one was my leaders-and-enders project while I was piecing my birthday quilt. That gave me such a head start that I was able to finish the blocks and get them assembled in one afternoon.

And this one is just more 4 1/2" squares framed in bright scraps. I liked the contrast of the cat quilt so much I decided to play with the same colors a bit more.

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on getting those quilts done. I particularly like the cat one :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails