I'm so proud of myself! I not only cut my way through ten yards of scraps yesterday, a goal which I thought would take a couple of days, I got the rest of the dark florals cut out for the cat quilt!
This has been a loooong process. I started out hoping that I'd be able to find enough fabrics I liked to make sixteen blocks, then I found enough for twenty, then a few more and a few more... and I finally wound up deciding that forty-two was the absolute limit and trying to decide which of my pretty dark florals I'd have to leave out. And trying to remember which ones I'd already made cats from. I think I've been at it for a year or so.
Now the decisions are made and all I have to do is cut the rest of the muslin (easy) sew the next twenty blocks (boring) and decide on a border. Because I don't like the one that goes with the pattern.