Sunday, March 03, 2019

It's Getting Calmer

If it seems like I'm posting about All is Calm a lot, that's because I've been stitching on it a lot.  Lots of hours plus lots of half stitches make for lots of progress. 


I've got plenty of Dimensions Gold Collection kits in my stash, but I think this is the first one I've actually started. Village Serene, a Gold Collection Petite that I stitched last year felt a lot slower, maybe because there were so many color changes. All is Calm is nothing but blends, but once I get a thread started I can keep going until it runs out. There are lots of colors, but there's also a lot of each one in a relatively confined space.

The real snow in my life seems to be sticking around, but the roads are clear and anyplace I need to go to has already thawed out. And it turns out that having a layer of snow in the yard lets the kids see where the beaver has been walking and sliding down into the stream. So that's a plus.

1 comment:

Melody A. said...

it is going to be lovely, did you put the blue marker or threads marking the number of squares off? how many in a square? this is one of those little tricks I am sure would help all of us doing big projects. stay warm and Happy Stitching from Iowa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails