Thursday, January 24, 2019

Girl With Cosmos

I love the way Girl With Cosmos turned out. She's kind of huge and in hindsight, maybe I should have stitched her on 18 count aida instead of the fabric that came with the kit. I've got two other Janlynn projects with this same little girl waiting for me to stitch them, so remind me when I start talking about starting one of those. And remind me when I start another project with this much white shading. The effect is totally worth it, but that was way too much white and almost white to keep track of. 


This was a Janlynn kit I found as part of that huge thrift store haul summer before last and she's cheap stitching at its absolute best. The aida was crunchy, but softened as I stitched, and the floss probably wasn't the absolute best quality...but I'm not that picky. Cross stitch doesn't have to be an expensive hobby.

If you want to stitch her yourself, the Girl With Cosmos kit is still available on Amazon.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

What a lovely cross stitch. I have several projects in process that I should get back to. There is something special about that kind of stitching.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails