Thursday, November 08, 2018

Being Picky About Cross Stitch Hedgehogs

Remember all of those kits I bought during the Hobby Lobby incident? I picked up the hedgehogs because they were adorable and looked so realistic. If you want proof, here they are with Sophie, my daughter's hedgie... 


Aren't those little eyes and noses just adorable? I hadn't worked with a Riolis kit before and had some doubts when I bought them. Instead of the cotton floss I've always stitched with, they come with a wool/acrylic blend. I had my doubts, but it's wonderful stuff to work with. The coverage is great and the texture is like old fashioned needlepoint.


The best part is those cards its wound on. All of the colors are numbered so you know exactly what you're supposed to be stitching with.

A bunch of stitchers are doing this chart (and others) as part of the Hedgehog SAL.  If you're interested in joining, the details are here, or you can check out the #hedgehogsal tag on Instagram.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails