Tuesday, October 02, 2018

{I've Been Reading} After the Fire



After the Fire by Will Hill

If there's a documentary or a novel about a religious cult, I'm probably going to pick it up and read it. This one had me immediately hooked and I was surprised by how emotionally involved with the characters I got. Chapters alternate between Moonbeam's life before the fire, when she was forbidden to leave the compound or interact with the outside world, and her new life after the fire, when she's confined to an institution and being interviewed as part of a government investigation.

The Holy Church of the Lord's Legion is a fictional group, but when you compare it to real world religious cults it's all too realistic. People like Father John's followers are out there.

Disclosure -- The publisher provided me with an advance review copy. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails