Saturday, September 29, 2018

I Was Looking for Skull Quilts

I was looking on Pinterest for skull quilts and found a gorgeous one, which it turned out was adapted from a free cross stitch pattern. I can just barely wrap my head around how the quilter made that work...but wow it looks hard!

So I cross-stitched a skull instead, which also looked kind of hard but wasn't.


I haven't decided yet if I'll put it in a hoop or combine it with some Halloween fabric for a project bag or what. Stitching it was a fun way to spend a couple of afternoons and I'm happy with it.

I did find a couple of quilts --

The Pixelated Skull Quilt Pattern from Daydreams of Quilts is probably what I'm looking for.
This flowered sugar skull uses a fun applique technique that I'd like to try.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails