Sunday, July 15, 2018

It's Hot and Trees Don't Grow Like That

Today is supposed to be even hotter than yesterday...and it's the weekend so cooling off at the river isn't the best option. (On Thursday night I got splattered by the three beer cans that a woman opened and threw in my direction because she'd decided her husband had had enough. The way I look at it, I've got the option of heading home and avoiding the low level domestic disputes and colorful language. Before we moved down here, I got to listen to it all outside my living room windows.)

Since it's not a weekday, I'm sitting insider under the ceiling fans and stitching on my barn. 


I'd been avoiding the tree because the branches twist in so many different directions I thought the pattern would be hard to follow. The more of it I stitched, the more I kept realizing that trees do not grow that way. So I stitched the main branches and filled in the rest of it the way I think a real tree would look.

Did I mention that this project has miles of back-stitching? And that I love it?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails