Thursday, May 03, 2018

Tiny Pencil

Do you know that feeling where you pick up a new knitting book and want to immediately cast on a bunch of different projects? Right now I'm having  that reaction to Knitted Baskets by Nola Heibreder and Linda Pietz. I may only make it through three or four projects before knitting double stranded with worsted weight loses its appeal, but that's not bad at all for a book I impulsively picked off the library shelf. (The book has forty-two baskets to choose from.)

For absolutely ages, I've been wanting to knit a pencil. I'm a writer and the paraphernalia involved, whether it's pens or notebooks or typewriters, can make me a little bit giddy. The bright yellow acrylic has been waiting in my stash for me to take the plunge and this was the project that finally made me cast on.

Isn't it cute? 

Pattern: Tiny Pencil, in the book Knitted Baskets
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver and Lion Brand Wool Ease 

What is it that makes stubby little pencils so appealing? I've never ever in my life kept track of a pencil for long enough to wear it down to a cute little stub like this. And it would be hard to write with if I did...but just to look at they're cute.

I'll store supplies for my planner in this one, I think. And maybe consider how to hand stitch a zipper into the opening.

1 comment:

Suze said...

When I first saw the picture, I thought it was a hat. I think, if possible, it would make an adorable hat. I don't know if children would recognize it now or not. When I was a child, I remember pencils being yellow. Now pencils are every color and design. Thanks for sharing your knitting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails