Sunday, May 06, 2018

Stash Diving for Floss

This week's episode of "What is this and why do I own it?" features some pricey embroidery flosses.


Guys, I'm soooo confused by this one. I knew I had a few skeins of Weeks Dye Works and Gentle Art Sampler Threads in my stash, along with some stuff from a smaller independent dyer. When last seen, it was all in a little square box.  Of course it wasn't in that box, which seems to have vanished without a trace.

But how is there so much of it? I can explain the WDW and GAST because I used those in a few projects and some are obviously partial skeins. The variegated Anchor is a complete and total mystery, along with the Caron Wildflowers.


I'd remember if I found this stuff at a thrift shop or an estate sale...and I'd remember if I'd bought it because this stuff definitely wasn't cheap. But it's here and I can't imagine that all of these colors were intended for the same project.

This is the kind of confusing thing I don't mind stumbling across in the sewing room.

1 comment:

Lisa Boyer said...

Spontaneous generation. (That's how I explain all of my fabric to my husband. "I didn't buy it, honey, honest!")

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails