Thursday, January 18, 2018

I've Been Reading...But Not Finishing Much


I've been trying to finish A Perilous Undertaking, the second of Deanna Raybourn's Veronica Speedwell mystery series, before the third book comes out. The biggest part of my problem is that I can't read paper books in the dark before falling asleep, and there's been too much going on in the house for much daytime reading lately. But I love everything I've read so far.

In the dark, I've been reading The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks. The back cover copy is intriguing --

When you read this book, you will make many assumptions.
You will assume you are reading about a jealous ex-wife.
You will assume she is obsessed with her replacement – a beautiful, younger woman who is about to marry the man they both love.
You will assume you know the anatomy of this tangled love triangle.
Assume nothing.

Twisted and deliciously chilling, Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen's The Wife Between Us exposes the secret complexities of an enviable marriage - and the dangerous truths we ignore in the name of love.

Read between the lies.

I'm a third of  the way through and I don't know where this is going to wind up. My one wild guess can't possibly be right and I'm trying to avoid spoilers and reviews until I'm done reading it myself.

What I did  read in only a couple of sittings was A View to a Chill by Larissa Reinhart. I've already told you how much I love the characters Cherry Tucker and Maizie Albright and this mystery brings the two of them together in the same book. Everything I love about both series is here. The chapters alternate between Cherry and Maizie but it's always immediately obvious which of them is telling that part of the story because their personalities are so distinct. If you've read either of the two series, I highly recommend this one.

Disclosure -- I was provided with an advance review copy of The Wife Between Us by the publisher. A Perilous Undertaking is from the library. I was given a copy of A View to a Chill by the author. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

mckie2 said...

I've found that chewing a piece of gum while I'm reading will help me stay awake. I don't advise this if you are reading in bed because if my youth is any indication, it is best not to have gum in your mouth in case you fall asleep because said gum will probably end up in you hair overnight. And my Mom had little tolerance for such things. She just hacked it out of my hair so I had a giant cowlick. Eventually I learned my lesson. Now I try to do good and warn others.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Michelle! So thrilled you enjoyed View! The Wife Between Us does sound intriguing! I'm going to check it out. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails