Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Sock Knitting Update

I started in mid-August with enough yarn picked out for ten new pairs of socks. Now it's the middle of November and I've got seven pairs done. 
Normally, this is the point where I'd empty my little train case and stock it with different yarn to knit over the next few months, but I'm still feeling kind of burnt out on the whole sock knitting thing. I threw in some new yarn just so I'd have something to grab if the mood strikes, but I think I'll let this little project go until the new year.

I've also decided it's time to give up on Super Sock Scarefest for the year. I finished two pairs, Convoluted Clues and Charlie McGee, and made a decent start on two others, Dance Academy and Tales from the Crypt.  That's more than I managed last year.


I haven't pulled Dance Academy and Tales from the Crypt off the needles yet, but they both seem to be headed in that direction. I'll make the final decision when I need either the yarn or needles for another project.

Right now, I'm knitting away on that bright pink Paton's Kroy I showed you last week and looking at one of the Caron Cakes. I think I've found the absolute perfect little shawl that will take advantage of the color changes and make me a very happy knitter. The stitch patterns are written out, not charted, but I think it'll be worth the hassle. Wish me luck!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails