Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Is She Picking Apples?

Same fabric, different bag. 


The back of the bag is a solid blue fabric that comes close to matching her gown. This image was partially cut off by the selvedge, but it still had her face and arms and the fruit. That's the only part I really need.

Miraculously, a zipper from my thrifted stash was exactly the right length for the pieces I'd cut -- and it was on top of all of the others. I regularly shorten zippers to make them work, but if one already happens to be the right size, I'll happily take advantage of that.

I really like how  this little bag turned out, and it's given me an idea for another possibility. The great thing about having a big hunk of fabric is that I don't have to worry as much about the opportunity cost that comes with my design choices. There's enough to try again and again with different techniques.

2 comments:

Dar said...

Very cute and clever little bag. I want to make some of these one day IF I ever get my UFOs under control. It looks like instant gratification!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Great use of the fabric! I must start 'thrifting' some zips; I made a quick little pouch bag this morning too and they are great little projects.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails